Newlook DIY Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. Newlook DIY Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy describes our mode to handle and use the personal information obtained from all the different interactions between us, including when you visit our stores, social media pages or website currently located at www.newlookdiy.co.uk (Site) or when you contact us or take part in any of our competitions or promotions.
You have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for issues related to data protection (www.ico.org.uk). We do encourage you to first raise any concerns with our data protection officer that you may have so we can seek to resolve these with you directly.
This version is effective from 15 June, 2020. We may review this policy from time to time and any changes will be notified to you by posting an updated version on our Site and/or by contacting you by email. Any changes will come into effect 7 days after we post the new terms on our Site or after the date we notify about this to you by email. We recommend you to regularly check this page for changes and review this policy each time you visit our Site.
- buy, place an order for or receive a quotation for our products or services;
- receive a refund on our products;
- create an account on our Site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give us some feedback;
- use an online service (e.g. Visualizer);
- request an e-receipt;
- sign up to receive press releases or investor alerts;
- contact our customer services team;
- make an enquiry direct to our store (e.g. via phone);
- an online customer review of our products or services
- arrange an in-store consultation;
- sign up for a credit account or apply for interest free credit; and
- request a quotation.
- For trade customers and trade/ business users only
we will also collect your data in the following ways when you:
- you give us business cards to be displayed in store;
- register for a Newlook DIY Ltd Trade Account for discount and special offers purposes;
- join our Trade Loyalty Scheme.
- attend an in-store event or training day (such as a Trade Roadshow);
- Personal information that you give to us
We collect the following information if you choose to give it to us:
your name, email address, contact number, postal address, delivery address, change of address information, social media handles, enquiry details, your opinion of our products, your comments on products and services, your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses; your payment card information and amount spent in store or online; in relation to certain refunds, your bank account details; for trade account holders we will also keep a record of Site address, nature of business, logo, and VAT Registration number, and credit limit. If you do not provide this information to us we may not be able to contact, you and/or resolve your queries effectively.
Once you visit our Site we automatically collect: The internet protocol (IP) address of your device and details regarding the type of device and browser software you use to access the Site, as well as we collect all the essential technical details related to your device, location or software.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please unsubscribe the link at the foot of the email or by using the STOP code within the SMS, by using our preference portal or by contacting us in store.
Existing or prospective customers may receive marketing via phone call. If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we keep your contact details on our suppression list for a defined period to ensure that we comply with your wishes.
We only disclose your personal information outside in any special condition. If we do, we will put in place a contract that requires recipients to protect your personal information, unless we are legally required to share that information. Any contractors or recipients that work for us will be obliged to follow our instructions. We do not sell your personal information to any third person.
Our Suppliers can be categorized as follows:
- Advertising, PR, digital and creative agencies
- Media (Advertising & PR) EEA
- Banks, payment processors and financial services providers, Finance (Banking & Payment Processing) EEA
- CCTV administration and monitoring service providers, Surveillance (CCTV) EEA
- IT (Cloud Services) EEA & USA
- Customer care/services providers Customer Services (Support) EEA
- Delivery and mailing services providers Logistics (Delivery Service) EEA
- Gift card service providers, Customer Services (Support) EEA
- Health and safety claims administrators and consultants, Health & Safety (Claims) EEA
- Insurers and insurance brokers Insurance (Underwriting & Broking) EEA
- Legal, security and other professional advisors and consultants,
- Professional Services (Legal & Accounting) EEA
- Market and customer research providers Media (Market Research) EEA
- Social media platforms Media (Social Media) EEA & USA
- Website and data analytics platform providers, IT (Data Analytics) EEA & USA
- Website and App developers, IT (Software Development) EEA
- Website hosting services providers Website hosting services providers IT (Hosting) EEA
- Wi-Fi and other communication service providers IT (Telecommunications) EEA
We will use your personal information to tailor or personalize the marketing communications you receive to make them relevant to you.